Jude. {birthday letters}

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

       

Dear Jude, 

8. Wow. I'm not gonna lie I got a little emotional last night when I was watching you play catch with dad in the backyard...then I gave a hug to your 7 year old self on last time...and you informed me that I'd never have a 7 year son again. You sir, tug at my heart strings a bit...it's probably because I can still picture your tiny little 5 pound body when you decided to show up 6 weeks before your due date...what a strong healthy kid you turned out to be...God is so good. 


You are so funny...you make me laugh...all the time.

You're still smarter than all of us combined. In the past month you have causally informed us what biomimicry is...what cud is...and that snakes don't blink. 

You're quiet and honest. You will boldly state who your favorite sister is. You also don't mind having sisters...you said you're ok with being the only boy because that means you can have dad all to yourself. 

I often tease that you are a 70 year old trapped inside a 7 year olds body...your very simple...and I like that...you want to know if the Cardinals are playing...what's for dinner...and when's the next time you can golfing. 

You are really into baseball. You know all about players past and present. You told me the other night that you'd like to have a baseball team called the Salem Wolves. Speaking of wolves...they are your favorite animal...and I guess your going to have to move to Salem. 


You enjoy Dude Perfect and Zack King. You fancy everything bagels, Lamar's donuts, and pretty much anything that isn't a sweet potato...you don't like those.at.all. Green is your favorite color. 

Your hobbies include bike riding, playing with your cousins, making YouTube videos for REJ, and MLB the Show '17. 

You're the only kid in our house who will give me a hug everyday and make it a point to tell me how much you love me. The feeling is mutual, kid. I adore you. I hope you can feel how much you are loved by dad and myself. I know that God is going to do mighty things in your life. Pray often and listen to his voice in the stillness and he will guide you.


Xoxo. 
Mom